Saturday, October 30, 2010

(#36) Feeding time with TV

I love television a bit too much. I tried to narrow my favorite shows down to three and couldn't quite make that.

1. Arrested Development

By far and away the cleverest show ever shown on television. Such a travesty that the wonderfully dysfunctional Bluth family only lasted three seasons. If you've never seen this show, do yourself a favor and rent it. I promise you will fall in love after three episodes.


2. 30 Rock
I love love love this show. Written from a backstage perspective of a weekly sketch comedy show a la SNL, it's magnificently fast-paced and hilarious. A worthy successor to AD's title of Funniest Show on Television.


3. Mad Men
Y'all know I love me some Mad Men.


4. Parks and Recreation
As The Office started declining in quality, Parks and Rec did the opposite. Such a funny mockumentary about the travails of life in small government - I realize that sentence sounds a bit ridiculous, but trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment