Wednesday, September 16, 2009

(#4) Sister, Do You Know My Name?

I do not plan on having a child for, like, at least ten years. But I am going to be ready when that day does come, because I am thinking about cool names now. It's all about being proactive. Also, I like names in general.

Boy names I like (yes, they are mostly after '60s musicians):
Levon (this is a must. Levon Helm is the coolest man alive.)
Paul
David
Richard (I like The Band, okay?)
George
Roger
John (more after Entwistle than Lennon)
Keith

Girl names I like (yes, they are mostly from songs by '60s musicians):
Annalee, Anna Lee (but mostly the first one. I'm not that into two first names. ALSO: Annie for short, but only because there is a beautiful Ronnie Lane song with that title. Speaking of Ronnie, I kind of like Lane, but it is kind of weird for a girl/gay for a boy. But who knows.)
Sharon (I looove my grandma.)
Julia
Lucy
Katie (Yep, both of those are my dogs' names. But they're cute, no? And from Beatles/Band songs, respectively.)
Speaking of The Beatles, I like Jude, but some people at my church already named their baby that. She is cute.

More on this later, surely.

9/16/09 edit:
I completely forgot about Gideon, a name that my boyfriend once mentioned in passing and I fell in love with. I don't know, I like it.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Annalee and Lucy are both on my list too!
    2. I'm going to be honest, I was kind of mad when I found out Eb and Allison were naming their baby Jude. However, I think I like it better as a boy name.
    3. I really like the name Dolly, but my mom thinks that it's so dumb. RUDE.

    ReplyDelete