Thursday, September 17, 2009

(#5) Summer Skin

I am unfortunately having to make peace with the fact that summer is ending, which is sad. I know a lot of people in Florida loathe the period from April to September that bestows such sweet gifts as 100+ degree weather and oppressing humidity to us, but I'll take that over frigid air and runny noses any day. And yes, I realize that Florida is not exactly the Yukon, but cold is cold is cold to me, okay? 40 degrees or -5 degrees, it's all awful. (And before you tell me that I don't know cold, let me just say that I hail from above the Mason-Dixon line from the great white north that is Illinois, so I've at least, you know, seen snow.)

I am slightly excited to wear my sweet semi-bomber jacket I got from T.J. Maxx for like, $30, though. Not to mention the ton of scarves that I have to hide in the summer to avoid wearing them with my tank tops, à la hipster chic. I do love me a good cold-weather scarf, you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment